GE UNIVERSAL REMOTE INSTRUCTIONS
Below you will find the generic instructions for the majority of our GE Universal
Remotes for Manually Entering Codes, Using the Code Search Feature and Using the
Sleep Feature (RM94902, RM94904 and RM94905).
If these instructions do not work for your particular remote please contact our Customer
Information Center at 1-800-654-8483 option 4 or email@example.com for
further assistance. Please have your remote model or the bar code from the packaging
available for the technician to assist you.
MANUALLY ENTERING CODES
1. Manually turn on the device (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.) you wish to program.
2. Press and hold the CODE SEARCH/SETUP button on the remote until the
INDICATOR LIGHT lights, then release.
3. Press and release the button for the device you are programming (TV, VCR,
DVD, etc.). For AUX, press AUX then the device button you are assigning to
AUX. The INDICATOR LIGHT will blink then remain lit.
4. Enter the three or four digit code for your device using the number buttons in the
GE Universal Remote. After your code is entered the INDICATOR LIGHT will
5. Aim the remote at the device (TV, VCR, DVD, etc.) and press the POWER
button. Your device should turn off.
Note: If your
device does not respond to the first code listed, repeat steps with the next code. If
none of the codes listed for your device work for your device or your brand is not
listed, try the Code Search method described below.
USING CODE SEARCH FUNCTION
If your TV, VCR, DVD, etc. does not respond after you have tried all the codes for your
brand or if your brand is not listed, try searching for your codes by following the steps below.
1. Turn on the device you wish to program.
2. Press and hold CODE SEARCH/SETUP until the INDICATOR LIGHT lights, then
3. Press and release the device button for the device you are programming (TV, VCR,
DVD, etc.). The INDICATOR LIGHT will blink once then remain lit. For AUX,
press AUX then the device button you are assigning to AUX.
4. Press and release POWER until your device turns off. Wait at least 2 seconds
between each time you press POWER. Important: You may have to press POWER
up to 250 times.
5. When your device turns off press the ENTER button (Should your remote model not
have an ENTER button, then press the OK button.) The INDICATOR LIGHT will