Open as PDF
Chapter 4 47
Thomson assumes no responsibility of warranty shipments from the customer to the factory if not shipped
in the manner prescribed by Thomson.
Return transportation, storage, handling and insurance costs are your responsibility. We accept no
responsibility in case of damage or loss.
To receive a replacement unit after we have received your unit:
• Write the SR number on the outside of the carton used to return the unit. Make sure you insure your shipment in
case of damage or loss.
• Carefully pack the unit using the original box and packing material if possible. Please retain all accessories that
were included with your unit such as the remote control hand unit.
• Include with the shipment:
1. Proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or receipted invoice which is evidence that the product is within
the warranty period must be presented to obtain warranty service. For rental firms, proof of first rental is also
2. A brief note describing your unit’s problem.
3. Your name, address and phone number.
• The representative will advise the address to mail a cashier’s check or money order for payment if there are any out
of warranty labor or parts charges, and you elect not to use your credit card.
• After we receive your product, a new or refurbished unit will be shipped to you.
What your warranty does not cover:
• Acts of nature, such as but not limited to lightning damage.
• Adjustment of customer controls.
• Damage from misuse or neglect.
• A unit that has been modified or incorporated into other products or is used for institutional or other commercial
• Units purchased or serviced outside the U.S.A.
Continued on next page