Open as PDF
Firmware Update Information for Owners of Toshiba HD DVD Players:
Models HD-E1, HD-XE1 and HD-EP10.
Firmware Update Version: 2.7
Applicable Models: HD-E1, HD-XE1 and HD-EP10
As part of our commitment to provide world-class service to our customers, Toshiba is supplying this
firmware update for use by purchasers of the applicable models of Toshiba HD DVD Player. This
firmware update covers the following items.
- High Bit Rate Audio functionality ( for HD-XE1)
- Improves support for 1080p/24Hz OUTPUT (for HD-XE1 and HD-EP10)
- Additional OSD languages, improved network connectivity supporting the download of web-enabled
network content associated with certain HD DVD discs
- Addresses certain disc playback and HDMI/DVI related issues identified by Toshiba.
Certain HD DVD discs may contain or have the capability of downloading studio-provided, web-enabled
network content. To minimize any potential compatibility and/or connectivity issues, before viewing such
content, it is recommended that you perform the firmware update process to ensure that your HD DVD
player is using the latest firmware version.
How to obtain and install the update:
1. If you have a broadband internet service
You may obtain the firmware update over the internet using the Ethernet port on the back of your HD
DVD Player. Instructions for configuring the Ethernet port and downloading the firmware update can be
found in the owner's manual and Update Procedure sheet for your HD DVD Player. Set out below is an
overview of the process:
- BEFORE BEGINNING THE FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS, BE SURE TO REMOVE ANY DISCS
FROM YOUR HD DVD PLAYER.