Open as PDF
Basic playback (DVD)
Press POWER on the unit or on the remote control
to turn on the unit.
The Power indicator will light.
• Every time you press POWER, the unit starts from
• When using an amplifier, switch on the amplifier.
Press STOP to end playback.
• The unit records the stopped point,
depending on the disc. “
appears on the screen. Press PLAY
to resume playback (from the scene
• If you press STOP again or unload
the disc (“3” appears on the screen.),
the unit will clear the stopped point.
Press OPEN/CLOSE or PLAY.
The disc tray closes automatically.
On the TV-screen, “
” changes to
“Reading” and then playback
• Insert the AC cord plug into a standard 120V 60Hz polarized AC outlet. If the AC cord plug is plugged in for the first time,
you need to set “Starting setup”
• When connecting to other equipment, turn the power off.
Press DVD to select DVD mode.
The DVD startup screen will appear on the screen.
“Reading” display will change to “No Disc”. (If DVD
disc has already loaded, playback will start automati-
The disc tray opens.
Place the disc on the disc tray.
• There are two different disc sizes. Place the disc in
the correct guide on the disc tray. If the disc is out of
the guide, it may damage the disc and cause the unit
• Do not place a disc which is unplayable on the disc tray.
• A menu screen will appear on the TV screen, if
the disc has a menu feature.
/ / / to select title, then press ENTER.
Title is selected and play commences.
3 To start playback in the stop mode
• If the unit does not operate properly:
Static electricity, etc., may affect the player's operation. Dis
connect the AC power cord once, then connect it again.
• When you select the
mode during DVD playback, DVD
playback will change to the still mode, and after 5 minutes it
will change to the resuming playback mode automatically.
Playing a disc
This section shows you the basics on how to play a disc.
Keep your fingers well clear of the disc tray as it is closing.
Neglecting to do so may cause serious personal injury.
With the playback
Illustration of MW20FP1
5L00201C [E]p44-47 20/4/04, 16:0744