Open as PDF
Function setup (DVD)
Parental control setting
Some discs are specified not suitable for children.
Such discs can be limited not to play back with the unit.
or to select “Parental”, then press
or until the level you require appears.
• Level Off: The parental control setting does not
• Level 8: All DVD software can be played back.
• Level 1: DVD software for adults cannot be
Select from the level 1 to level 8. The limitation will
be more severe as the level number is lower.
or to select “Password”.
Press Number buttons (0–9) to input a 4-digit
password. Be sure to remember this number!
• If you input a wrong number, press CANCEL.
3) Press ENTER to store the password.
Note: Now the rating is locked and the setting can
not be changed unless you enter the correct pass
The setup language can be selected.
English: To display OSD language is English.
Francais: To display OSD language is Francais.
Espanol: To display OSD language is Espanol.
To change the parental level
or to select “Password”.
2) Press Number buttons (0–9) to enter the password
you have stored.
3) Press ENTER.
• The rating is now unlocked.
4) Press or to select “Parental”, then press
or to change the parental level.
5) Press or to select “Password”, then press
Number buttons (0–9) to enter the password.
Note: You can change the password if you want.
6) Press ENTER.
Now the parental level is changed and locked.
If each setup (pages 57 and 58) has been completed, the unit
can always be worked under the same conditions (espe-
cially with DVD discs).
Each setup will be retained in the memory even if you turn
the power off.
If you forget the password...
1. Press OPEN/CLOSE to open the disc tray.
2. Remove the disc.
3. Press OPEN/CLOSE again to close the disc tray.
“No Disc” appears on the screen.
4. While holding STOP down on the front panel, press 7
on the remote control. “PASSWORD CLEAR” appears
on the screen.
5. Enter a new password again.
• Depending on the discs, the unit may not be able to limit
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating level
information though its disc jacket says “adult.”
For those discs, the parental control feature will not work.
On: Loud sound such as explosion or similar is toned
down slightly when played back. This makes it
suitable for when it is connected to a stereo.
Off: It plays back at the recording level on the disc.
• This function works only during playback of Dolby Digital
• The level of Dynamic Range Reduction may differ
depending on DVD video disc.
DRC (Dynamic Range Control) enables you to control
the dynamic range so as to achieve a suitable sound for
Customizing the Function Settings (continued)
• Depending on the discs, the unit cannot limit playback.
• Some discs may not be encoded with specific rating
level information though its disc jacket says “adult.” For
those discs, the age restriction will not work.
OSD Language English English
Picture Parental Other
Language Picture Parental OtherSound
5L00201C [E]p56-59 20/4/04, 16:0958