Open as PDF
D:\_SONY TV\SY150168_QF.QH UC2 RG\4584788121_US\010COVTOC.fm masterpage: Left
XBR-75X940D / 75X850D / 65X930D / 65X850D / 55X930D / 55X850D
• Do not coil the AC power cord
around the AC adapter. The
core wire may be cut and/or
it may cause a malfunction of
• Do not touch the AC adapter with wet hands.
• If you notice an abnormality in the AC adapter, disconnect
it from the AC power outlet immediately.
• The set is not disconnected from the AC source as long as
it is connected to the AC power outlet, even if the set
itself has been turned off.
• As the AC adapter will become warm when it is used for a
long time, you may feel hot when touching it by hand.
Compatible Wall-Mount Bracket
Use the following Sony Wall-Mount Bracket with your TV
Use with other Wall-Mount Brackets* may cause instability
and could result in property damage or injury.
* For instructions on using the Wall-Mount bracket with
your TV please go to
for your TV
model and download “Additional Information for Using
Sony Wall-Mount Bracket”.
To Customers (XBR-75X940D,
Sufficient expertise is required for TV installations. Be sure
to subcontract the installation to a Sony dealer or licensed
contractor and pay adequate attention to safety during the
Before setting up your TV
Some TV models are packaged with a detached Table-Top
Stand so you can mount your TV to a wall right away. See
page 15 (Installing the TV to the Wall) if you want to mount
the TV to a wall. If you are not mounting the TV to a wall,
you will need to attach the Table-Top Stand. You will need a
Phillips screwdriver (not supplied) and the supplied screws
to complete the task. Look for the Setup Guide.
Be sure to consider the following while setting up your TV:
• Disconnect all cables when carrying the TV.
• Carry the TV with the adequate number of people; larger
size TVs require two or more people.
• Correct hand placement while carrying the TV is very
important for safety and to avoid damage.
XBR-75X940D, XBR-65/55X930D only
Except XBR-75X940D, XBR-65/55X930D
• When handling or
mounting the TV set, do
not lay down the TV.
• Ensure your TV has adequate ventilation, see page 21.
• For best picture quality, do not expose the screen to direct
illumination or sunlight.
• Avoid installing the TV in a room with reflective wall and
• Avoid moving the TV from a cold area to a warm area.
Sudden room temperature changes may cause moisture
condensation. This may cause the TV to show poor
picture and/or poor color. Should this occur, allow
moisture to evaporate completely before powering the TV
Securing the TV
Sony strongly recommends taking
measures to prevent the TV from
Unsecured TVs may topple and result
in property damage, serious bodily
injury or even death.
Preventing the TV from Toppling
• Secure the TV to a wall and/or stand.
• Do not allow children to play or climb on furniture and TV
• Avoid placing or hanging items on the TV.
• Never install the TV on:
slippery, unstable and/or uneven surfaces.
furniture that can easily be used as steps, such as a
chest of drawers.
• Install the TV where it cannot be pulled, pushed, or
• Route all AC power cords and connecting cables so that
they are not accessible to curious children.
Sony TV Model No.