Open as PDF
Securing the TV
Sony strongly recommends taking
measures to prevent the TV from
Unsecured TVs may topple and result
in property damage, serious bodily
injury or even death.
Preventing the TV from Toppling
• Secure the TV to a wall and/or stand.
• Do not allow children to play or climb on furniture and TV
• Avoid placing or hanging items on the TV.
• Never install the TV on:
slippery, unstable and/or uneven surfaces.
furniture that can easily be used as steps, such as a
chest of drawers.
• Install the TV where it cannot be pulled, pushed, or
• Route all AC power cords and connecting cables so that
they are not accessible to curious children.
Recommended Measures to Secure the
Consider the following measures when securing your TV to
a Stand (not supplied).
1 Secure the Stand for the TV.
Make sure the Stand can adequately support the weight
of the TV. Use two angle braces (not supplied) to secure
the stand. For each angle brace use the appropriate
• Attach one side of the angle brace to the wall stud.
• Attach the other side to the Stand.
2 Remove the center cover.
3 Secure the TV to the Stand.
Use the optional hardware listed as follows (not
• M6 eye bolt (screwed into the TV’s rear cover).
• A screw or similar (attach it to the Stand)
• Rope or chain (strong enough to support the weight of
the TV). Make sure that there is no excess slack in the
rope or chain.
The length of the M6 eye bolt differs depending on the
rope or chain diameter. Please see below illustration.
Screw hole on the rear cover
M6 eye bolt
Rope or chain
18 mm or more