Open as PDF
Firmware Update Information for Owners of Toshiba HD DVD Players:
Models HD-EP30 and HD-EP35.
Firmware Update Version: 1.1
Applicable Models: HD-EP30 and EP35
As part of our commitment to provide world-class service to our customers, Toshiba is supplying this
firmware update for use by purchasers of Toshiba HD DVD Player models HD-EP30 and EP35. This
firmware update improves network connectivity for supporting the download of web-enabled network
content associated with certain HD DVD discs, improves certain video and audio processing
capabilities, and also addresses certain disc playback and HDMI/DVI related issues identified by
Certain HD DVD discs may contain or have the capability of downloading studio-provided, web-enabled
network content. To minimize any potential compatibility and/or connectivity issues, before viewing such
content, it is recommended that you perform the firmware update process to ensure that your HD DVD
player is using the latest firmware version.
How to obtain and install the firmware update:
1. If you have a broadband internet service
You may obtain the firmware update over the internet using the Ethernet port on the back of your HD
DVD Player. Instructions for configuring the Ethernet port and downloading the firmware update can be
found in the owner's manual and Update Procedure sheet for your HD DVD Player. Here is an overview
of the process:
- BEFORE BEGINNING THE FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS, BE SURE TO REMOVE ANY DISCS
FROM YOUR HD DVD PLAYER.
- Please configure the Ethernet port. You may need to turn on DHCP and DNS.
- After you have configured the Ethernet port, follow the directions in the owner’s manual to check for a
- If a firmware update is available for your player, it will take about 20 minutes to download and install.
Once the firmware update download process has finished, the player’s power will automatically switch
off. You must wait until this process has finished.