Open as PDF
1) Read Instructions - All the safety and operating
instructions should be read before the product is
2) Retain Instructions - The safety and operating
instructions should be retained for future reference.
3) Heed Warnings - All warnings on the product and in the
operating instructions should be adhered to.
4) Follow Instructions - All operating and use instructions
should be followed.
5) Cleaning - Unplug this product from the wall outlet
before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol
cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning.
6) Attachments - Do not use attachments not
recommended by the product manufacturer as they may
7) Water and Moisture - Do not use this product near water
- for example, near a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink,
or laundry tub; in a wet basement; or near a swimming
pool; and the like.
8) Accessories - Do not place this
product on an unstable cart, stand,
tripod, bracket, or table. The product
may fall, causing serious injury to a
child or adult, and serious damage
to the product. Use only with a cart,
stand, tripod, bracket, or table
recommended by the manufacturer,
or sold with the product. Any mounting of the product
should follow the manufacturer’s
instructions, and should use a mounting accessory
recommended by the manufacturer.
9) A product and cart combination should be moved with
care. Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces
may cause the product and cart combination to overturn.
10) Ventilation - Slots and openings in the cabinet are
provided for ventilation and to ensure reliable operation
of the product and to protect it from overheating, and
these openings must not be blocked or covered. The
openings should never be blocked by placing the
product on a bed, sofa, rug, or other similar surface.
This product should not be placed in a built-in
installation such as a bookcase or rack unless proper
ventilation is provided or the manufacturer's instructions
have been adhered to.
11) Power Sources - This product should be operated only
from the type of power source indicated on the marking
label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply to
your home, consult your product dealer or local power
company. For products intended to operate from battery
power, or other sources, refer to the operating
12) Grounding or Polarization - This product may be
equipped with a polarized alternating-current line plug
(a plug having one blade wider than the other). This
plug will fit into the power outlet only one way. This is a
safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug fully
into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug should
still fail to fit, contact your electrician to replace your
obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the
13) Power-Cord Protection - Power-supply cords should
be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or
pinched by items placed upon or against them, paying
particular attention to cords at plugs, convenience
receptacles, and the point where they exit from the
14) Lightning - For added protection for this product during a
lightning storm, or when it is left unattended and unused
for long periods of time, unplug it from the wall outlet.
This will prevent damage to the product due to lightning
and power-line surges.
15) Power lines - An outside antenna system should not be
located in the vicinity of overhead power lines or other
electric light or power circuits, or where it can fall into
such power lines or circuits. When installing an outside
antenna system, extreme care should be taken to keep
from touching such power lines or circuits as contact
with them might be fatal.
16) Overloading - Do not overload wall outlets, extension
cords, or integral convenience receptacles as this can
result in a risk of fire or electric shock.
17) Object and Liquid Entry - Never push objects of any kind
into this product through openings as they may touch
dangerous voltage points or short-out parts that could
result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any
kind on the product.
18) Servicing - Do not attempt to service this product
yourself as opening or removing covers may expose you
to dangerous voltage or other hazards. Refer all
servicing to qualified service personnel.
19) Damage Requiring Service - Unplug this product from
the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service
personnel under the following conditions:
a) When the power-supply cord or plug is damaged.
b) If liquid has been spilled, or objects have fallen into
c) If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
d) If the product does not operate normally by following
the operating instructions. Adjust only those controls
that are covered by the operating instructions as an
improper adjustment of other controls may result in
damage and will often require extensive work by a
qualified technician to restore the product to its
e) If the product has been dropped or damaged in any
f) When the product exhibits a distinct change in
performance - this indicates a need for service.
20) Replacement Parts - When replacement parts are re-
quired, be sure the service technician has used replace-
ment parts specified by the manufacturer or have the
same characteristics as the original part. Unauthorized
substitutions may result in fire, electric shock, or other
21) Safety Check - Upon completion of any service or
repairs to this product, ask the service technician to
perform safety checks to determine that the product is in
proper operating condition.
22) Heat - The product should be situated away from heat
sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or
other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
E6C0TUD.indd 3E6C0TUD.indd 3 2007/04/03 10:37:292007/04/03 10:37:29