Open as PDF
Location and Handling
• Do not stand this unit up vertically. Install this unit in a
horizontal and stable position. Do not place anything
directly on top of this unit. Do not place this unit directly on
top of the TV.
• Depending on the TV, noise or disturbance of the picture
and/or sound may be generated if this unit is placed too
close to your TV. In this case, please ensure enough
space between your TV and this unit.
• Do not cover or place this unit in enclosed spaces to
prevent excessive temperature build up.
• Do not place this unit in direct sunlight, or near heat
• Depending on the environment, the temperature of this unit
may increase slightly. This is not a malfunction.
• Keep this unit away from strong magnetic objects.
• Do not place any object containing water or other liquids
on this unit. In the event that liquid should enter the
cabinet, unplug this unit and contact the retailer or an
Authorized Service Center immediately.
• Do not remove this unit cabinet. Touching parts inside the
cabinet could result in electric shock and/or damage to this
unit. For service and adjustment inside the cabinet, call a
qualified dealer or an Authorized Service Center.
• Be sure to remove disc and unplug the AC power cord
from the output before carrying this unit.
Avoid the Hazards of Electrical Shock and Fire
• Do not handle the power cord with wet hands.
• Do not pull on the power cord when disconnecting it from
AC wall outlet. Grasp it by the plug.
• If, by accident, water is spilled on this unit, unplug the
power cord immediately and take the unit to our
Authorized Service Center for servicing.
Moisture Condensation Warning
Moisture may form inside this unit under the following conditions:
• Immediately after a heater is turned on.
• In a steamy or humid room.
• When this unit is suddenly moved from a cold to warm
If moisture forms inside this unit, it may not operate properly
or damage the disc. In such case, do not use this unit for at
least 2 hours until its inside gets dry.
Unauthorized copying, broadcasting, public performance and
lending of discs are prohibited.
This product incorporates copyright protection technology
that is protected by U.S. patents and other intellectual
property rights. Use of this copyright protection technology
must be authorized by Macrovision, and is intended for
home and other limited viewing uses only unless otherwise
authorized by Macrovision. Reverse engineering or
disassembly is prohibited.
Notice for Progressive Scan Outputs
Consumers should note that not all high definition television
sets are fully compatible with this product and may cause
artifacts to be displayed in the picture. In case of picture
problems with 525 progressive scan output, it is recom-
mended that the user switch the connection to the ‘standard
definition’ output. If there are questions regarding your TV set
compatibility with this 525p DVD player, please contact our
customer service center.
Symbols Used in this Manual
The following symbols appear in some headings in this
: Description refers to DVD-video.
: Description refers to audio CD.
: Description refers to CD-RW/-R with MP3 files.
• Please refer to relevant topics on the “Troubleshooting
Guide” on page 17 before returning the unit.
• If this unit becomes inoperative, do not try to correct the
problem by yourself. There are no user-serviceable parts
inside. Turn off, unplug the power plug, and please call our
help line mentioned on the front page to locate an
Authorized Service Center.
Cleaning the Cabinet
• Use a soft cloth slightly moistened with a mild detergent
solution. Do not use a solution containing alcohol, spirits,
ammonia or abrasive.
• When a disc becomes dirty, clean it with a cleaning cloth.
Wipe the disc from the center to out. Do not wipe in a
• Do not use solvents such as benzine, thinner, commercial-
ly available cleaners, detergent, abrasive cleaning agents
or antistatic spray intended for analog records.
Cleaning the Disc Lens
• If this unit still does not perform properly although you refer
to the relevant sections and to “Troubleshooting Guide” in
this owner’s manual, the laser optical pickup unit may be
dirty. Consult your dealer or an Authorized Service Center
for inspection and cleaning of the laser optical pickup unit.
Manufactured under license from
Dolby Laboratories. “Dolby” and the
double-D symbol are trademarks of
Product that have earned ENERGY STAR
are designed to protect the environment
through superior energy efficiency.
© 2007 Funai Electric Co., Ltd.
All rights reserved. No part of this manual may be repro-
duced, copied, transmitted, disseminated, transcribed,
downloaded or stored in any storage medium, in any form
or for any purpose without the express prior written consent
of Funai. Furthermore, any unauthorized commercial
distribution of this manual or any revision hereto is strictly
Information in this document is subject to change without
notice. Funai reserves the right to change the content
herein without the obligation to notify any person or organi-
zation of such changes.
with the design is a registered trademark of
Funai Electric Co., Ltd and may not be used in any way
without the express written consent of
Funai. All other trademarks used herein remain the
exclusive property of their respective owners.
Nothing contained in this manual should be
construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any
license or right to use any of the trademarks displayed
herein. Misuse of any trademarks or any other content in
this manual is strictly prohibited.
Funai shall aggressively enforce its intellectual
property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
E6C0TUD.indd 4E6C0TUD.indd 4 2007/04/03 10:37:302007/04/03 10:37:30