Open as PDF
TO TVCHANNEL VIDEO INAUDIO IN
(Back of TV)
Antenna in jack
(Back of This Unit)
Set channel 3 or 4.
Turn on your TV
and select channel
3 or 4.
• The quality of
become poor if this
unit is connected to
an RF modulator.
Recording Playing discs EditingBefore you start Connections Getting started
Please read before using this equipment.
If you need additional operating assistance after reading this owner’s manual or
to order replacement accessories, please call
TOLL FREE : 1-800-518-1180
or visit our web site at http://www.funai-corp.com
INSTRUCCIONES EN ESPAÑOL INCLUIDAS
Connection to a TV (
Before you use this unit, you need to complete connections.)
If your TV has AUDIO/VIDEO input jacks, see the section “Connections” on pages 13–15. If not, it is still possible to
connect this unit to your TV by using a STEREO AUDIO/VIDEO RF modulator (commercially available). In this case,
follow the instructions below.
1) The antenna input jack of your TV may have been already occupied. If so, disconnect the RF cable from your TV, and then
connect the RF cable to the ANTENNA IN jack of this unit.
2) Connect the ANTENNA OUT jack of this unit to your RF modulator (usually marked “ANT IN”) by the RF cable.
3) Connect your RF modulator to your TV by another RF cable.
Connect the AUDIO/VIDEO output jacks of this unit to the AUDIO/VIDEO input jacks of your RF modulator by audio and video cables.
5) Set your RF modulator’s channel 3/4 switch to either 3 or 4, whichever the TV channel is least used in your area. If your
RF modulator has a Modulator/Antenna switch, set it according to your RF modulator’s manual.
6) Turn on your TV and choose the same channel as you set the RF modulator’s channel 3/4 switch to.
For more details, follow the instructions supplied with the RF modulator.
To record a program easily, refer to “Easy DVD recording” on pages 16-17 after connections are completed.
(You CANNOT record on any copyright protected DVD disc with this unit.)
• We strongly recommend for good recording quality:
TDK DVD+R 4x/8x/16x, SONY DVD+R 4x/8x/16x, MAXELL DVD+R 4x/8x/16x, SONY DVD+RW 4x,
MAXELL DVD-R 8x/16x, MAXELL DVD-RW 4x
• Discs that have been tested and are proven to be compatible with this recorder:
VERBATIM DVD+R 8x, VERBATIM DVD+RW 4x, VERBATIM DVD-R 8x, VERBATIM DVD-RW 2x, MAXELL DVD-R 16x, JVC DVD-RW 4x