Open as PDF
Safety & Certication
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING VIZIO
And congratulations on your new VIZIO HDTV.
To get the most out of your new VIZIO product, read these
instructions before using your product and retain them for future
reference. Be sure to inspect the package contents to ensure there
are no missing or damaged parts.
To purchase or inquire about accessories and installation services
for your VIZIO product, visit our website at www.VIZIO.com or call
toll free at (877) 878-4946.
We recommend that you register your VIZIO product at
For peace of mind, and to protect your investment beyond the
standard warranty, VIZIO oers on-site extended warranty service
plans. These plans provide additional coverage during the standard
warranty period. To purchase an extended warranty service plan,
WHEN READING THIS MANUAL
When you see this symbol, please read the
accompanying important warning or notice. It is
intended to alert you to the presence of important
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Your TV is designed and manufactured to operate within dened
design limits. Misuse may result in electric shock or re. To prevent
your TV from being damaged, the following instructions should be
observed for the installation, use, and maintenance of your TV.
Read the following safety instructions before operating your TV.
Keep these instructions in a safe place for future reference.
• To reduce the risk of electric shock or component damage,
switch o the power before connecting other components
to your TV.
• Read these instructions.
• Keep these instructions.
• Heed all warnings.
• Follow all instructions.
• Do not use this apparatus near water.
• Clean only with dry cloth.
• Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance
with the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat
registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including ampliers)
that produce heat.
• Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or
grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with
one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two
blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the
third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided
plug does not t into your outlet, consult an electrician for
replacement of the obsolete outlet.
• Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched
particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point
where they exit from the apparatus.
• Only use attachments/accessories specied by the
• Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket,
or table specied by the manufacturer, or
sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used,
use caution when moving the cart/apparatus
combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
• Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when
unused for long periods of time.
• Refer all servicing to qualied service personnel. Servicing
is required when the apparatus has been damaged in
any way, such as when the power-supply cord or plug is
damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into
the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or
moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
• Unplug the power cord before cleaning your TV.
• When moving your TV from an area of low temperature to
an area of high temperature, condensation may form in the
housing. Wait before turning on your TV to avoid causing
re, electric shock, or component damage.
• A distance of at least three feet should be maintained
between your TV and any heat source, such as a radiator,
heater, oven, amplier etc. Do not install your TV close to
smoke. Operating your TV close to smoke or moisture may
cause re or electric shock.
• Slots and openings in the back and bottom of the cabinet
are provided for ventilation. To ensure reliable operation of
your TV and to protect it from overheating, be sure these
openings are not blocked or covered. Do not place your
TV in a bookcase or cabinet unless proper ventilation is
• Never push any object into the slots and openings on your
TV cabinet. Do not place any objects on the top of your TV.
Doing so could short circuit parts causing a re or electric
shock. Never spill liquids on your TV.
• Your TV should be operated only from the type of power
source indicated on the label. If you are not sure of the type
of power supplied to your home, consult your dealer or
local power company.
When you see this symbol, please read the
accompanying helpful tip.