Open as PDF
Advanced playback (DVD)
Press AUDIO SELECT during playback.
The current soundtrack language will
Press AUDIO SELECT repeatedly until the de-
sired language is selected.
• The on screen display will disappear after a few
Changing soundtrack language/
You can select the language when you play a
• If the desired language is not heard after pressing the
button several times, the language is not recorded on
• Changing soundtrack language is cancelled when you
open the disc tray. The initial default language or available
language will be heard if the disc is played back again.
• If you select DTS in playing DTS-encoded disc, no sound
will be heard from the unit’s speakers.
In case of Video CD playback
Audio type changes as follows each time you press
When playing back a disc recorded with subtitles, you
can select the subtitle language or turn the subtitle off.
To turn off the subtitle, press SUBTITLE until
• The on screen display will disappear after a
• Depending on the DVD, you may not be able to change
subtitles, or to turn subtitles on or off.
• While playing a DVD, the subtitle may change when
you open or close the disc tray.
• In some cases, a selected subtitle language may not
be changed immediately.
Press SUBTITLE repeatedly during playback until
your desired language appears.
Changing soundtrack language
5L00201C [E]p48-51 20/4/04, 16:0851