Open as PDF
1 Connections and Setup
Things to Consider Before You Connect
Protect Against Power Surges
• Connect all devices before you plug any power cords into the wall outlet or power strip.
NEVER plug your TV/DVD into an outlet that is controlled by a wall switch.
• Turn off the TV/DVD and/or device(s) before you connect or disconnect any cables.
• Make sure all antennas and cables are properly grounded. Refer to the Important Safety
Instructions at the beginning of the User's Guide
• Protect devices from overheating.
• Don’t block ventilation holes on any of the devices. Arrange the devices so that air can
• Don’t stack devices.
• If you place devices in a stand, make sure you allow adequate ventilation.
• If you connect an audio receiver or amplifier, place it on the top shelf so the heated air
from it won’t flow around other devices.
Position Cables Properly to Avoid Audio Interference
• Insert each cable firmly into the designated jack.
• If you place devices above the TV, route all cables down one side of the back of the TV
instead of straight down the middle.
• If your antenna uses 300-ohm twin lead cables, do not coil the cables. Also, keep the twin
lead cables away from audio/video cables.
Use Indirect Light
Don’t place the TV/DVD where sunlight or room lighting will be directed toward the screen. Use
soft or indirect lighting.
Check Supplied Parts
Check that the following parts were packed with your product.
Note: If you need
to replace your remote,
A shipping and
handling fee, and the
tax, will be charged
Have your Visa,
MasterCard, or Discover
Graphics contained within this publication are presentation only.
6 Chapter 1 Connections and Setup
Go to Pages 7, 8 to see the parts list for the table
PART # RC2254702/01
2 AA BATTERIES