Open as PDF
46 Chapter 4
How you get service:
• Call 1-800-951-9582 and have your unit’s date of purchase and model/serial number ready. The model/serial
number information is on the back of your unit.
• A representative will troubleshoot your problem over the phone.
• If the representative determines that you should receive a replacement unit you will be provided with a Service
Request (SR) number and the location of a nearby exchange point if one exists. No returns will be accepted
without the SR number.
To receive a replacement unit before you return yours:
1. Provide your Discover, MasterCard or Visa account number and expiration date to your phone representative. This
is for security purposes only and your account will not be charged at this time.
2. We will send you a replacement unit.
3. If you return the unit to us within 14 days from the date you were provided a SR number, only items not covered
by warranty will be charged to your account. If your unit is not received within 14 days, the suggested retail value
of the receiver will be charged to your credit card. This amount will be credited, less a $10 handling fee, if the unit
is subsequently received.
4. Ship your defective unit back to us using the replacement unit’s carton. Shipping instructions will be included on
the carton along with your SR number which will allow you to easily ship the unit back to us. Make sure you
insure your shipment in case of damage or loss. Include with the shipment:
• Proof of purchase in the form of a bill of sale or receipted invoice which is evidence that the product is within
the warranty period must be presented to obtain warranty service. For rental firms, proof of first rental is also
• A brief note describing your receiver problem.
• Your name, address and phone number.
1. For a fee of $10.00, we will send a replacement unit to our exchange point.
2. The exchange location will notify you of its arrival.
3. Take your unit and evidence of purchase date, such as a bill of sale, to the exchange location and you will be
provided the new or refurbished unit. Please retain all accessories such as the remote control hand unit.
4. If the repairs are covered by your warranty, you will not be billed.