Open as PDF
Chapter 4: TV Features and Menus
40 Chapter 4
The MOVIE RATINGS menu lets you decide which TV movies can and can’t be viewed
according to the age-based rating of the MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America).
The TV locks and unlocks the parental control settings using a password you select.
If you want your child to watch movies that have a PG rating and lower (in other words,
movies rated PG and G), then you could automatically block out all other movies with
Important Note: The TV Ratings feature is separate from the DVD Parental feature.
To prevent certain DVDs from being played, see page 31.
To set movie limits:
1. Make sure the remote is in TV mode by pressing the TV button.
2. Press MENU (the Main menu appears).
3. Press the down arrow button until the PARENTAL CONTROL is highlighted, then
press ENTER (the PASSWORD menu appears).
4. Press the down arrow button until MOVIE RATINGS is highlighted, then press
5. Use the down arrow button to select the rating, then press the right arrow button to
change the status of the rating from BLOCK to VIEW.
6. Make sure V-CHIP is on. It must be on for rating limits to take effect.
Note: Ratings that don’t require a password (free access) are available above the
selected rating. Ratings requiring a password are blocked below the selected rating.
After you block movie ratings, you have the option of changing some of the ratings back
1. Determine which blocked rating you want to view.
2. Use the up and down arrow buttons to highlight the rating with a status of BLOCK.
3. Press the ENTER button to select VIEW.
V-CHIP ON OFF
G VIEW BLOCK
PG VIEW BLOCK
PG-13 VIEW BLOCK
R VIEW BLOCK
NC-17 VIEW BLOCK
X VIEW BLOCK
1628714C_4_TVmenu 8/27/04, 10:00 AM40